2017 Monitor Training
Help us steward Minnesota's important wildlife habitat, clean water, and scenic places! Attend one of the monitor training sessions scheduled for 2017.
RSVP to Kristina Geiger at email@example.com or 651-917-6295. Toll free: 1-877-MLT-LAND.
Afton: 5:30-7:30pm Wednesday March 22nd at Belwin Conservancy
- In the Education Building: enter at the Belwin Conservancy office at 1553 Stagecoach Trail S, Afton, MN 55001; take a left when you're across from the office
- Park in the parking lot at the top of the hill and walk to the Education Building
Winona: 4:00-6:00pm Thursday March 23rd at Winona State University
- Exact building and room to be determined
Collegeville: 5-7pm Tuesday March 28th at St. Johns University
- 2850 Abbey Plaza, Collegeville, MN 56321
- In the New Science Building
- For a parking and campus map, click HERE
Duluth: 6-8pm Thursday March 30th at the Kirby Student Center, University of Minnesota-Duluth*
- 1120 Kirby Dr, Duluth, MN 55812
- In the Gooseberry Falls Room on the 3rd floor
- For a campus and parking map, click HERE
- Parking is available along Kirby Drive or in the Maroon Lot E near the Kathryne A. Martin Library; pay parking is not enforced after 5pm
Brainerd: 4-6pm April 4th in the Board Room of the Northland Arboretum
Richfield: 6-8pm Wednesday April 19th at Wood Lake Nature Center
- 6710 Lake Shore Dr S, Minneapolis, MN 55423
St. Paul: 6:30-8:30pm Thursday April 20th at the Minnesota Land Trust's St. Paul office
- 2356 University Av. W. Suite 240, St. Paul, MN 55114
- For more directions, click HERE
Ely: Location, date, and time TBD
More about monitor training
To help monitors stay up to date on monitoring procedures, we ask certified volunteer monitors to attend annual trainings. Trainings take place in early spring at multiple locations throughout the state.
If you're new to monitoring, your certification process begins with this training session; following the training, you'll be matched with a mentor who will show you the ropes out on the land.
If you can't attend but would like to monitor, contact Kristina to discuss alternatives. Remember, if you haven't attended an in-person training session since 2014, you MUST attend a training or meet with Kristina in person.
Sandwiches and light snacks will be served.
Are you a current volunteer? Go to Monitor Central for more information, training materials, and forms.
*The University of Minnesota is not endorsing or sponsoring the activities conducted by the Minnesota Land Trust on the University of Minnesota campus. The relationship between the University of Minnesota and the Minnesota Land Trust is solely that of licensor and licensee.